Alex Webster ‘s pioneering work with Cannibal Corpse has come to define the sound of modern metal bass. A Spector player for many years, Alex relies on his signature bass at every show and recording session to provide the razor-sharp tone he needs to cut through the mix. His instrument features solid North American Maple body wings for a bright, responsive tone. The 3-piece North American Maple neck runs the entire length of the instrument, providing sustain and stability.
The Ebony fingerboard provides a little extra sizzle & precision to the notes. When it comes to electronics, Alex has spared no expense. This Euro model is outfitted with Alex’s signature Seymour Duncan Hammer Smashed Bass pickups and a Darkglass Tone Capsule running at 18 volts. Alex’s pickups were carefully voiced with the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop to harness aggressive, yet expressive, tones in any playing situation. The Tone Capsule compliments these pickups perfectly, allowing for precise control over a wide-range of frequencies.
- Body Wood: Solid North American Maple
- Neck Wood: 3-piece Maple with Graphite Rods, Neck-Thru
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Blood Red Crown
- Nut: Brass
- Nut width: 1.81” Pickups, Hardware & Finish
- Controls: Volume, Bass Cut/Boost, Mids Cut/Boost, Hi-Mids Cut/Boost
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan Hammer Smashed Bass
- Pickup Configurator: 2 x Humbucker
- Preamp System: Darkglass Tone
- Hardware: Black
- Bridge: Spector Zinc/Brass Alloy
- Locking Tuners: Gotoh GB-707