THIS is the drum
that “couldn’t be built”. This is the drum that solved a problem that “couldn’t
be solved”. Before Dyna-Sonic, you tightened the snares, and the snares
choked the head. Dyna-Sonic changes all that. Because your snares
ride on an exclusive floating snare frame. They ride with the snare head,
never dampen it. There’s no choking. There’s never and snare slap.
traditional snare drum, choking results from snare wires being pulled up too
tight from the strainer knob when trying to dial out snare vibration and dry up
or “crisp” up the sound. With the Dyna-Sonic snare frame, the concept is
to allow the snare tension to be controlled on the frame itself, while the
strainer knob simply brings the frame up to just “kiss” the bottom head. This
results is superior sensitivity over the entire head and allows for all snare
adjustment, from “dry” to “loose”, to be controlled from the frame itself.
designer, Joe Thompson said it best in his Jan 16, 1962 patent application for
the Dyna-Sonic snare rail system: “The goal of this invention is to provide a
drum with ‘floating snares’, which can be tensioned without putting pressure on
the head, on a drum with no snare beds.”
snare frame is that same exclusive floating snare frame design. Made of cast
steel, the frame comes complete with snare wire mounted. The single tension
screw located at the end of the frame, gives one-point uniformed tensioning
with simple hand adjustment. Set it, and it remains in the desired position.
What Makes The Dyna-Sonic Difference
- Pinpoint Definition – You hear the result of each stroke, even at full power always
- Choke-Free Sound – Always clear
and crisp, never mushy
- Faster Stick Rebound – You get added speed and better feel with half the effort
Your drum head feels solid, never soft.
- Full Dynamic Range – Everywhere on the head There are no dead spots, even at the
- The Sound – This drum has true musical sound. The tone quality is built
in – by the unique combination of the floating snares, head, and custom shell
- Simplest Adjustment – Of any drum, a single tension screw gives you one-point uniform
tensioning. Set it, and forget it.